This disc cutter is used to cut out perfectly round discs of metal. Made for for cutting soft precious metals, such as gold and silver up to 1.2mm thick. Other metals such as copper, brass, and thin sheets of nickel silver can also be cut using care and common sense. When using a mallet to strike the punches care needs to taken, as with all disc cutter sets the smallest punches are the easiest to break.
How to Use:
- Use a disc cutter on a flat surface or a rubber pad for support.
- Use a cutting lubricant to lubricate the cutting edges of the punch.
- Use a suitable mallet, never a nail driving hammer.
- Always support the opposite side of the cutter with a sheet of the same diameter metal that you are cutting. This will help keep the upper and lower parts of the disc cutter in alignment and help minimize material sticking in the disc cutter.
- Do not exceed the maximum thickness recommended for your disc cutter.
- Only cut soft non-ferrous metals like brass, copper, silver and gold.
- Make sure your cutting edges are down.
- To prevent rust, keep your disc cutter lubricated between use and store in a dry location